Tuesday, February 24, 2009

How loud is too loud?

Check out Bob Kauflin's article, "How loud the worship team?" at his blog site, worshipmatters.com....

In my judgment, at HBC we do NOT have the problem of being too loud -- in fact, often we need much more sound. I realize that musical tastes and musical judgments vary widely. If you're not used to an amplified guitar, for instance, any volume sounds too high. Nevertheless, if the congregation near the back of the auditorium can't follow a key or tempo change, then we're not loud enough. If the folks in the back don't know when to come in, then we're not loud enough. Really.

We're still working on sound. I'm thankful for the 3 guys we have -- Dwayne, Dan and David. They work hard at our services! We should probably bring in some professional insight to help us out with mixing, frequency pushing, etc.

2 comments:

  1. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful praise team. I think the music sounded great on Sunday. All those new instruments and sounds really enhance the worshipful atmosphere. I also think it's great to have such talented musicians who can teach us new songs and can make them sound so good. The new stuff we sing by Tomlin, Kauflin and others is great. I also love it when the praise team updates some of the older hymns like they did on sunday and teach us a new arrangement. And I know we don't often do this, but I think sometimes we can benefit just by listening to the praise team teach us a new song. I just think the Lord has obviously blessed us with great musical talent and it is great when they can use their gifts to make a joyful noise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur. Thanks for all you do. Thanks for tirelessly serving us. At the end of the day, preferences taken into account, we have become more excellent in all we do. Thanks for helping to glorify our wonderful God in this way.

    ReplyDelete