Monday, January 12, 2009

Setlist for January 11, 2009

In Morning Worship Pastor Ted continued his exposition in James, 5:12, on being people of integrity. Our theme then opened up God as the Trustworthy One. In uncertain times, there is One who must be our only refuge....


Opening Song:
Psalm 146 / C-Db
Set:
How firm a foundation / Eb-F
Your grace is enough / Eb
Great is thy faithfulness / C-D
In Christ alone / D
B/4 the sermon:
Speak O Lord / Bb

In
Evening Worship Pastor Rich preached on the sanctity of life and the Bible case against abortion. His preaching was redemptive. Our theme explored the greatness of God our Creator and Father.

Opening Song:
All creatures of our God and King / C
I opened with Q.26 from the Heidelberg Catechism.
What do you believe when you say: "I believe in God the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth?"
I believe that the eternal Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who out of nothing created heaven and earth and everything in them, who still upholds and rules them by his eternal counsel and providence, is my God and Father because of Christ his Son. I trust him so much that I do not doubt he will provide whatever I need for body and soul, and he will also turn to my good whatever adversity he sends me in this life of sorrow. He is able to do this because he is almighty God. He desires to do this because he is a faithful Father.

Set:
Because we believe / C
God of creation / D (tune: slane, "be thou my vision")
Margaret Clarkson
Praise my soul (Ps 103) / C (tune: lauda anima)
Psalm 139 / Eb-E (tune: dim ond jesu, "Here is love")
B/4 the sermon:
The wonderful cross / C

This post is a part of the carnival at Sunday Setlists hosted by FredMcKinnon.com

5 comments:

  1. So I was looking at the setlists on Fred's site and see my name there twice and wonder how that happened... :-D

    God bless your ministry David

    Great name, by the way ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love it...
    I like your mix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your morning set. We have a 75% retired congregation and they would have connected with that, despite the newer stuff. Really nicely put together.

    ReplyDelete