Monday, November 17, 2008

Anne Steele's meditation on Psalm 27

On Sunday evening we sang this to the tune, federal street.


The Lord my Savior is my light, 
what power against my soul shall fight?
While God, my strength, to me is near, 
what foe can harm, whom shall I fear?
 
The greatest joy my heart desires 
and for which all my soul aspires
is in God's house to spend my days, 
my life devoted to his praise
 
This do I seek with ceaseless care 
and God attends my earnest prayer;
Here may my soul his beauties trace, 
and know the wonders of his grace
 
When troubles rise, my guardian God 
will hide me safe in his abode!
Firm as a rock my hope shall stand 
sustained by his almighty hand
 
Should every earthly friend depart 
or should I lose my parents' heart
then God on whom my hopes depend 
will still be Father, Guide and Friend
 
Anne Steele / Public Domain

No comments:

Post a Comment