Monday, March 2, 2009

Setlist for March 1, 2009

Morning Worship
Pastor Ted preached on how we should respond to puzzles, the seeming paradox, as we find them in God's Word -- e.g., the problem of evil, divine sovereignty & human responsibility, etc. It was really good -- (1) what happens when we find them in God's Word, (2) what we should remember, (3) what we should never do, and (4) what we must always do (fall down and worship). Really good. The musical theme focused on the triune God of grace.

Walk-in song
Grace unmeasured (sovereign grace)

Set
And can it be
The gospel is true
Holy, holy, holy
How great is our God
My lips will praise you

B/4 the sermon
O great God (sovereign grace)

The Lord's Table
Pastor Joe preached Isaiah 53:1-6 on 4 words: despised, rejected, esteemed, desire.

Walk-in song
I know whom I have believed (new, from Christ Community Church -- I'll post it separately)

Set
I boast no more (I posted about this hymn here)
I will glory in my Redeemer (sovereign grace)
Alas, and did my Savior bleed (kauflin setting)

At the table
Not what my hands have done
Give me Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment