Monday, April 27, 2009

Sunday setlist for April 26, 2009

It was Friend Sunday -- Mark Redfern preached Matthew 5:8, "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God." He made it easy for my preparation, giving me solid ideas for what he wanted the singing to accomplish. Thanks, Mark!

By the way -- I'm so thankful for the music team we have here at HBC. Every week they give themselves to the Lord and to his people in hours of practice. (This week 4 hours rehearsal!)

Morning
Walk-in song
Your grace is enough

Set
Everlasting God
Jesus comes with all his grace (tune:
DIX)
I'll post this separately
Psalm 24 (tune:
DUNDEE)
Another one from the Evangelical Psalter. See here.
O Great God / sov grace

b4 the sermon
The sands of time

After the sermon
O Great God

In the evening Pastor Joe continued his exposition of John 17. Vv.13-15 speak of Christ's purposes in keeping us here. Themes of joy, opposition, perseverance marked our music. It was good to have Joy Malone back on the piano!

Walk-in
I will rise / Tomlin

Set
Fight the good fight (tune:
DUKE ST.)
I use an updated text.
A debtor to mercy alone
See here.
I know whom I have believed
See here.
It's been mercy all the way

b4 sermon
I'm forever grateful / sov grace

No comments:

Post a Comment