Friday, May 22, 2009

Australian site for new songs

Since we've been 'across the pond,' now we should travel 'down under.' EMU music. This is awonderful site for new songs. They state their purpose: "Emu Music exists to resource churches with new songs of the Word and to train musicians in effective Biblical music ministry." Their music reminds of the reAwakening albums from Christ Community Church in Franklin, TN.

Right now my headphones are on and I'm listening to Emu's newest album, New song in my heart

3 comments:

  1. Have any earmarked for HBC, yet?

    Mike C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like several of them -- nothing yet grabs me for HBC -- but you never know. It seems I have to spend some time with a song b/4 deciding it might be a good fit for us. The problem is -- I've already got a backlog of other songs we need to learn! What a exciting 'problem' to have!
    David

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! There's a lot out there! There's a lot good hymns that I think people know, and they don't. Or they know them with a different tune (which I sometimes don't care for). It's a challenge, but an enjoyable one!

    Mike C

    ReplyDelete